Thought Trough

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Let me get this straight..

By STEPHANIE REITZ Associated Press Writer Friday, April 14, 2006

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) -- Conservative U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on Wednesday called his 2004 decision not to recuse himself from a case involving his friend Vice President Dick Cheney the "proudest thing" he's done on the court.
-----------
Okay, my thoughts...
20 years as a Supreme Court Justice, and this is what he is most proud of? I worked in retail customer service for a few years, and this one time I didn't punch some loud-mouthed jackass that really had it coming. People are still talking about it. There's an annual festival. We have t-shirts, a dunking booth, beauty pagent, bingo, raffle, barbeque, the whole works. People ask me all the time if it was my proudest moment. I smile and tell them about the time held the door for someone. It never fails to get the listener misty-eyed & my chest always swells a little.
Take that Antonin!
.
.
.
(Yes, my rebuttal was stupid. So was Scalia's original statement. That's the point.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home