Thought Trough

Saturday, October 21, 2006

World Series Game One is 11 hours away.



Let the humiliation begin. The Stain Louie Carbules don't stand a chance. This 2006 team isn't good. In my opinion they are the worst Cardinal team I've seen since the mid 90's. Great core group of guys and then just a bunch of guys that wear a uniform. And without going on and on I can tell you that it's the fault of Tony LaRussa. The environment that he demands around the club house does not allow for role players to feel like anything other than extras. This year many of the "starters" fell into that catigory also, which doesn't sound like a team to me. Sounds more like half a dozen favorites and a bunch of guys unsure of what their job is or if they have one. Who wants that for a World Series Champion. Not me. I'd love to see Placido Polanco lead the charge to bring Jim Leyland another Championship. That would be a much better baseball story.